Use an Eisenhower matrix template to get a comprehensive overview of your to-do lists. Whether you’re managing work-related tasks or personal projects, this matrix will make your prioritization process more efficient and improve your time management skills.
What is an Einsenhower matrix?
The Eisenhower matrix, also known as the Eisenhower decision matrix is a useful tool that helps you simplify the process of task prioritization based on criteria such as urgency and importance. Once you’ve managed to define and sort out tasks that need immediate attention, you’ll find it easier to delegate or even completely leave aside less critical tasks.
What are the decision principles of the Eisenhower decision matrix?
The Eisenhower box template consists of 4 categories you can use to place upcoming tasks or activities according to a standardized evaluation system. Here is what to expect:
- Urgent and important tasks - includes priority items on your to-do list, tasks that require your immediate attention: deadlines, emergencies, meetings etc.
- Not urgent, but important tasks - includes tasks or activities that are not urgent, but are important: sports, financial planning, family time, grocery shopping etc.
- Urgent, but not important tasks - includes activities marked as urgent, but not important as they do not influence long-term goals. These tasks can easily be delegated when possible and can consist of: answering emails and phone calls, replying to a co-worker etc.
- Not urgent, not important tasks - includes tasks that are not urgent or important as they will not help you reach your goals. These are considered to be distractions and are better left undone. A good example would be navigating the internet or social media without a purpose.
Why use an Einsenhower matrix template?
One of the benefits brought by the Eisenhower quadrant template is the fact that it can be used by anyone looking to improve their time management skills and, therefore, become more efficient in daily life. This template can also be used for various purposes - from work to personal.
The most significant benefit, however, is that it helps you distinguish the difference between important and urgent tasks. Being aware of this distinction will help you maintain a clear overview of your schedule at all times, leading to streamlined processes and increased efficiency.
What is Eisenhower’s urgent vs. important principle?
Excellent time management skills is a successful mix of effectiveness and efficiency. In other words, more time should be spent on important tasks, and less on the urgent ones. To be able to achieve this, the distinction between important and urgent must be clear.
- Important tasks - activities with an outcome that helps you reach your goals
- Urgent tasks - duties that require your immediate attention and are associated with achieving someone else’s targets. If they are not dealt with right away, their consequences will be noticed immediately.
The Eisenhower matrix template helps you differentiate between important and urgent activities so that you can focus on less on unimportant tasks and do more of what enables you to achieve your goals.
Benefits of using the Eisenhower matrix template in Moqups
When using our priority quadrant template you can enjoy a multitude of additional features such as sticky notes, annotations, comments or resizing options. They all contribute to helping you personalize your Eisenhower matrix template, so that it feels familiar and easy to work with.
As an online collaboration tool, Moqups also offers a set of collaboration features you can use to prioritize your most important tasks at a personal or team level.